What is Google Workspace?
Google Workspace, formerly known as G Suite, is a suite of cloud-based productivity apps and suite of tools offered by Google that can be used in the computer. These tools include Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Hangouts, Google Calendar, Google Meet, and many more.
Google Workspace is a free edition of a full suite of cloud-based productivity suite service that provides a range of tools to help businesses collaborate and communicate more effectively. It includes popular Google apps such as Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Meet, among others. With Google Workspace, businesses can access these tools from anywhere, on any device, and collaborate in real-time.
Google Workspace offers customers a range of pricing plans to suit businesses and customers of all sizes and budgets. In this article, we will explore the different pricing plans and features of Google Workspace.
Is Google Workspace Free?
Google Workspace is not entirely free, but it does offer a free version called Google Workspace Essentials. However, this version only enables a limited set of features and is designed for teams that need basic collaboration tools. Here are the different pricing plans for Google Workspace:
Google Workspace Essentials: This is the free version of Google Workspace, which provides video conferencing, chat, and collaboration tools. It is designed for small teams and organizations that need basic productivity tools.
Google Workspace Business Starter: This plan costs $6 per user per month and includes Gmail, Google Drive, Google Meet, and other productivity tools, as well as enables 30 GB of storage per user.
Google Workspace Business Standard: This plan costs $12 per user per month and includes all the features of the Business Starter plan, as well as advanced security and management tools, unlimited storage, and access to additional features like Google Voice and Google Forms.
Google Workspace Enterprise: This plan is designed for large organizations with complex IT needs and requires a custom quote from Google. It includes all the features of the Business Standard plan, as well as advanced security, compliance, and management tools.
It’s worth noting that Google Workspace also offers discounts for nonprofit organizations and educational institutions. Additionally, there is a 14-day free trial available for all paid plans, allowing you to try out the service before committing to a subscription.
What is the difference between Gmail and Google Workspace?
Gmail and Google Workspace are both products offered by Google, but they serve different purposes.
Gmail is a free email service that anyone can use to send and receive emails. It is a web-based email service that can be accessed through a web browser or through the Gmail app on a mobile device. With a Gmail account, users can send and receive emails, create a signature, organize their inbox with labels, and use other features like Google Drive and Google Calendar.
Google Workspace, on the other hand, is a suite of cloud-based productivity tools that businesses and organizations use to communicate, collaborate, and get work done. It includes tools like Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Meet, and many more. These tools are designed to help teams work together in real-time, share files, and stay organized.
While Gmail is primarily focused on email, Google Workspace provides a full suite of productivity tools designed to help businesses and organizations work more efficiently and effectively. With Google Workspace, users get access to more advanced features and tools that are not available in a standard Gmail account, such as shared calendars, advanced security features, and the ability to collaborate on documents in real-time.
In summary, Gmail is a free email service for personal use, while Google Workspace is a suite of productivity tools designed for businesses and organizations.
Google Workspace Plans
Google Workspace offers three main pricing plans:
- Business Starter:This plan is designed for small businesses and teams that need access to basic tools and business features. It costs $6 per user per month and includes 30GB of storage per user of the Google apps such as Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and Google Meet.
- Business Standard: This plan is designed for growing businesses that need more advanced tools. It costs $12 per user per month and includes all the features of the Business Starter plan, as well as additional storage, security features, and advanced admin controls.
- Business Plus: This plan is designed for larger businesses that need enterprise-level features and support. It costs $18 per user per month and includes all the features of the Business Standard plan, as well as enhanced security, compliance, and eDiscovery capabilities.
Google Workspace account also offers additional pricing plans for specific industries, such as Education and Nonprofits, with discounted rates and unique account features.
Features of Google Workspace Accounts
Google Workspace Accounts provides a range of features that help businesses, users and customers collaborate more cost effectively, including:
- Real-time collaboration: With Google Workspace accounts, teams can collaborate on Google Docs, Google Sheets, and presentations in real-time, regardless of their location.
- Cloud storage: Google Workspace offers cloud-based storage, enabling teams to access and share file types from anywhere, on any device.
- Security and compliance: Google Workspace includes advanced security features, such as two-factor authentication, encryption, and data loss prevention, to keep data safe and secure.
- Communication tools: Google Workspace includes tools such as Gmail, Meet, and Chat, which enable teams to communicate and collaborate more effectively with google.
- Admin controls: Google Workspace provides advanced admin controls, allowing businesses to manage users, devices, and data more effectively.
Here are some additional software features that we don’t use at AquaOrange very often, but you might be interested in:
Google Chat: Have you heard of Slack? The Google Chat is basically Google’s new competing tool. It’s a dedicated group workspace with 1:1 and group chat. You can make conversations more efficient by interacting directly with deeply integrated Google bots and 3rd party apps. Chat is included for free with all Google Workspace plans.
Google Meet: We prefer Zoom or Slack video ourselves here at AquaOrange, but Google Meet account still makes video calls and conferencing a breeze with features such as noise cancellation etc. Meet is fully integrated with Google Workspace, so you can join meetings directly from a Calendar event or email invite. If you’re running the Enterprise version of Google Workspace, you can also take advantage of dial-in numbers, and noise cancellation for when people are on the road or perhaps without internet access.
Google Forms: Most of you have probably all filled out a Google Form before. While we prefer to use other applications for this.
Google Slides: Want a decent alternative to Microsoft Powerpoint? Google Slides is just that. Just like with their other products you can take advantage of their real-time collaboration and commenting, as well as unlimited version history.
Google Sites: We recommend using Sites as building websites is easy for productivity. Just drag content where you need it. When you create a new site, it’s automatically added to Drive, like your other files stored in Drive. You can edit a Google Site together with someone else in real time, and see each other’s changes live
Additional Features for Google Workspace Business and Enterprise Users
It’s also important to make a note of the additional features in Google Workspace Business and Enterprise plans. If you’re a bigger business and rely on email heavily, these can help ease some of your data worries.
Cloud Search: Want to take search capabilities in Google Workspace even further? The Cloud Search feature allows you to search across your company’s content in Google Workspace. From Gmail and Drive Storage to Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, and more.
Vault: You can never have too many backups. Vault allows you to manage, retain, search, and export your organization’s email, Google Drive storage file types content and on-the-record chats. Basically, you can archive all your data and set retention policies.
Google Workspace on IOS and Android Device
To use Google Workspaceon your Android or iOS device, you can download a third party app that is relevant like the Google Workspace app from the respective app stores. Here are the steps you can follow to get started:
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile device.
- Search for the Google Workspace app you want to download (e.g., Gmail, Google Drive, etc.).
- Once you find the app, tap on the Install button to begin the download and installation process.
- After the installation is complete, open the app and sign in with your Google Workspace account credentials (username and password).
- Once you sign in, you can start using the app to access and manage your email, documents, files, and other productivity tools.
It’s worth noting that Google Workspace apps are optimized for mobile devices, so you should have a seamless experience using them on your Android or iOS device. Additionally, you can also use the web version of Google Workspace apps on your mobile device by accessing it through your mobile browser.
Google Workspace offers numerous benefits to individuals and organizations creating, of all sizes. Here are some ways in which Google Workspace can help you create:
- Improved Collaboration: Google Workspace offers a range of tools, such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, Storage to store files of any extension, that allow for real-time collaboration on documents and projects. Multiple users can work on the same document simultaneously, making it easier to collaborate with team members, clients, and partners in real-time.
- Better Communication: With Google Workspace edition, you get access to Gmail, Google Meet, and Google Chat, which provide powerful communication tools for teams to stay connected and work together effectively, no matter where they are located.
- Increased Productivity: Google Workspace provides a suite of powerful tools, including Google Drive, Google Calendar, and Google Tasks, that help you stay organized, prioritize tasks, and streamline workflows, thereby increasing overall productivity.
- Enhanced Security: Google Workspace has robust security measures in place to ensure the safety and confidentiality of your data. It includes features like two-factor authentication, data encryption, and secure data storage, giving you peace of mind that your information is protected.
- Simplified IT Management: Google Workspace is cloud-based, meaning that it doesn’t require extensive IT infrastructure or maintenance. This makes it easier to manage and maintain, freeing up IT staff to focus on other critical business operations.
Google Workspace offers users a range of powerful tools that can help individuals, new customers, and organizations, of all sizes collaborate, communicate, create, and work more efficiently and more cost effectively.
Google Workspace is an affordable and efficient productivity suite service that offers a range of features and pricing plans to suit businesses of all sizes and budgets. With real-time collaboration, cloud storage, security features, and advanced admin controls, Google Workspace can help businesses communicate and collaborate more cost effectively. Whether you are a small business or an enterprise, Google Workspace service has a pricing plan that can meet your needs.
There are few Google Premium partners in Thailand and one of the premium google workspace services partner is AquaOrange Software Co., Ltd with over 8000 clients providing solutions for Email services by Google workspace editions such as Google Workspace Starter package, Google workspace business plus, and Google workspace Enterprise Edition to corporates in Thailand.
AquaOrangeoperated in Google Workspace edition when Google introduced Free Google workspace editions starting with 100 Free emails, then down to 50 Emails and lastly 10 Email addresses, this was then called G-suite legacy free edition. This edition has transition to paid Google workspace account that includes Google apps such as cloud docs sheets slides, initially Google allowed 10 GB data now storage allowed starting from 30 GB to unlimited storage for emails, files and documents.